President and CEO
Shorey Public Relations LLC
Missy Shorey is the founder and president of Shorey Public Relations. Not just the public face of the company, Missy maintains direct, hands-on involvement with each of the firm’s campaigns. She also has primary responsibility for the firm’s vision, operations and focus.
A seasoned strategic communications professional with proven expertise in public relations, marketing and advertising. Missy has achieved particular success in conceiving and directing nationwide initiative-based campaigns for top-tier clients, including government agencies, policy experts, U.S. Senators, public companies and innovative private sector entities.
Prior to founding Shorey Public Relations, Missy led successful, multi-million dollar practices at Hill & Knowlton Public Relations/Public Affairs and Ogilvy Public Relations. These catered to Fortune 500 companies, numerous technical and lifestyle firms, large municipal governments and cultural institutions. She served as an expert consultant to the U.S. Department of State, and she has years of first-hand Capitol Hill experience as a U.S. Senate staffer.
- Creating award-winning international communications campaigns that deliver value and positive notoriety
- Securing earned media and positive industry analyst relations to raise client profile and enhance client credibility
- Developing and implementing direct-response campaigns that yield huge multiples in increased target audience activity
- Strategic marketing
- Top-level media placement
- Industry analyst relations
- Crisis communications
- Messaging campaigns
- Active Top-Secret security clearance
- Skidmore College – Adjunct Professor and frequent graduate-level lecturer – Integrated Marketing Communications and Public Relations Specialization
- Hill & Knowlton Public Relations – Senior Vice President, Marketing Communications Practice Leader
- Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide – Vice President, Technology Practice
- Congressional and State Campaigns
- U.S. Senate senior staff
- MBA, Marketing – American University
- BA, Political Science – University of Florida